A Tumble Creek Farm Ewe

A Tumble Creek Farm Ewe
One of many

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Warming Trend

While the East Coast is below zero, here on the West Coast we are having a warming trend. The next two weeks should be, as forecast, in the high 20s at night and up to 50+ for daytime temps. What a great time for me to start shearing the expecting ewes. Lambing should start here in early February so I started on the first eight yesterday. This ewe pictured is Emma and this is her second shearing. Some of the white flock is in the background happily chewing.

3 comments:

  1. We're having great weather too Robina. I have spring fever and wish I was having lambs in a week or two. But will have to wait till March.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma has grown! She's beautiful. Please send that warming trend this way! I'm sick of this snow.

    ReplyDelete