A Tumble Creek Farm Ewe

A Tumble Creek Farm Ewe
One of many

Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Finished Bag

The bag is finished!!! Knit from handspun Bluefaced Leicester and Border Leicester X yarns, then felted in a friend's washing machine, it is drying and will be ready for dance shoes by Friday night. I used a pattern from Felted Bags by Alice Underwood and Sue Parker. There were a few new techniques to learn but was a fun project. I made it a little larger than the directions to acomodate shoes, wallet, lip gloss, gum, etc... I also learned that you must use an old-style washing machine that has the agitator as mine is the new water-saver type that just twists intermittently. Not my favorite tool in the shed so I'm thinking of putting it on Craig's List and going back to old-style.
   Still waiting for lambs but the weather is mild so they will wait until we get freezing rain again. Ah, the life of the shepherd.

1 comment:

  1. Looks great, mom. Can't wait to see it in person. And the lambs are sooooo cute!!! I'm sad that I have to miss it when they are so small. Good luck with the next batch :)

    ReplyDelete