A Tumble Creek Farm Ewe

A Tumble Creek Farm Ewe
One of many

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

MY New Toy--An Oldie but a Goodie


Last night I brought home a new toy! I have searched for a few years now for the perfect one. Of course it had to fit into the budget and have the desired attachments. I asked friends if they knew anyone that had such a thing and reminded them frequently that I was still looking. It had to be in working order but did not have to be shiny new. Just before Thanksgiving a close family friend knew an old farmer who said he knew someone that may have one. Turned out I knew her too. We all loaded into my little car and went to look at it the day after Thanksgiving and I knew I would be taking it home when everyone got done talking. The farmer said that he would take it if I didn't--his comment under his breath was "This is a no-brainer," after it started right up. So I told the lady to consider it sold and then went back yesterday afternoon to put it all together and on the trailer and home with me. Wanna see it? Here is 'Old Blue' still on our trailer...

I have big plans for that $10 disk to turn my brown field to lush green. I know it's not pretty but they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder and this fits everything on the list, plus it's paid for! Working 'yard art' and already an offer if I ever want to sell. Can't beat that!

No comments:

Post a Comment