A Tumble Creek Farm Ewe

A Tumble Creek Farm Ewe
One of many

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Almost Winter...

Yesterday looked as though winter was in the air, or at least falling from the sky. But alas, it was only rain. This morning started warm and dry and we had a beautiful sunny day. Winter can be counted on to show up the day the lambs start to arrive in mid-February.

My friend Kelly challenged me to get on with my blog posting so that she could see my sweater project in motion. Here is the beginning of it, entitled 'Sweater in Skeins'.

I am at the end of my sweater knitting for this year's competitions. It is called 'Shades of Blue', referring to the Bluefaced Leicester, not the color. This picture shows the skeins that started from fleeces I sorted, washed, carded, and spun. The pattern is entrelac starting with the white at the neckline and ending with the black at the bottom of the hem and sleeves. I modified it a bit so it has 3/4 sleeves which I like better than long sleeves. Never can decide how long I want them anyway.

Also finished is a pair of blue/gray socks and the pictures of those will be added next time.

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Will you be entering in the knitting competition at the BFL National Show?
    HOpe you saved a skein or two for the yarn competition, too. It looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete