A Tumble Creek Farm Ewe

A Tumble Creek Farm Ewe
One of many

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Happy New Year!

Technically a bit late, I know, but let's start the new year now when the lambs start arriving. One set of triplets have arrived from my new ram Xtra and a beautiful Rhayader ewe. Several more ewes of other bloodlines were bred to him so there is a good opportunity to obtain these new genetics.

We are experiencing spring weather but still very cold nights. The sunny warmer days give me a chance to catch up on a few chores but others will have to wait until the ground thaws. Some of my pastures will be overseeded this year while some areas will be rototilled and reseeded. We were successful in adding a new pasture at the street and will finish the other end of it when I can get the tractor down there. There is still field burning to be done and all the yard debris that is waiting as well. 

This year I am offering a small flock of natural colored ewes and an unrelated ram for sale. These are from UK bloodlines and have beautiful silvery fleeces. Contact me at tumblecreekfarm@gmail.com for more info.
There is wool in the dyepot for the upcoming High Desert Wool Grower's FIBER MARKET DAY. In years past I was very involved with this event but had to step back for a time. I have decided to share a booth with a friend this year and will have beautiful Bluefaced Leicesters represented. Another big show to prepare for is Black Sheep Gathering, always an exciting place to be. I hope to meet all my friends there, current and new.

No comments:

Post a Comment